For the first time ever, I didn’t have Gardein chick’n scallopini in my freezer, but I really wanted to try Chef Mary Mattern’s fried chick’n wings recipe! So I decided I could either put on pants and go to Publix or go with whatever I could find. And lucky for me, I had a box of Annie’s elbows & creamy sauce so I fried that up!
Earth Balance cheddar mac n cheese is actually my favorite but unfortunately it’s not sold at the Whole Foods closest to me anymore. If you’re not lazy like I am, then you can even make your own and it would probably be way better! Nom Yourself has a recipe for that too.
Mac n Cheese
- Prepare your mac n cheese and place in a bowl in the fridge for 1 hour to cool.
- Form into balls and set on a pan lined with parchment paper.*
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour.
*They don’t have to be perfectly round. They can just be piles of noodles because once they’re frozen they’ll stay together.
Fried Mac n Cheese
- frozen mac n cheese balls**
- oil for frying
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg
- 1 cup very cold water
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon. paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon. poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon. cayenne pepper (optional)
- Follow Nom Yourself’s directions for fried chick’n using your frozen mac n cheese balls. She even has a video so it’s fool proof.
**You may or may not have left over mac n cheese.
Ranch Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo (I use Just)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill (fresh or dried)
- Whisk together all ingredients.